Maintaining the high standards of an international MedTech company
A Medtech Company that provides medical equipment, software, supplies and services for use in hospitals and clinics worldwide. On a daily basis, the client has thousands of parts that are shipped globally.
Modernising a paper based system
The client’s existing system had many shortcomings. A largely paper based system, created visibility issues on components needed to complete orders, resulting in delayed order completion and shipment of customer orders.
Additional challenges included:
- Poor visibility on parts required to fulfil production orders
- Regular part shortages in production
- Poor visibility of part status within the supply chain
- Process heavily dependent on paper and manual updates
- Poor visibility on production and warehouse issues
- Customer ship dates were regularly missed due to poor visibility of order status
- Capacity challenges due to overstocking and understocking of parts
One dashboard, solving multiple issues
The custom application WrxFlo created can fix multiple problems across multiple functions, and implemented:
- Central data repository to manage dispersed data sources
- Real-time view of all parts required to fulfil production ordered
- Warehouse stock management optimisation tools
- Incoming inspection process management
- Part ageing and obsolescence management
- Cost management
- Future demand projection based on historical demand and order forecasts
Our own “WrxFlo revolution” has the potential and trajectory, to establish and maintain our place as a “leader” in our global group… A paperless, real-time reporting workplace is now a reality.
Our team has issued every part in stock for this week. Now, our team is working on next week's orders.... This is the power of technology.
Director of Engineering
We are very happy to pass our TQM audit. The auditor was very happy to see that we had such an impressive system in place. I would like to say thank you to the WrxFlo team for super support and helping us develop this impressive system.
Global Supply Chain
Improved order fulfilment
The application enabled the client to manage all order-related data in one place and resulted in improved order fulfilment.
- The information is easy to adapt and customise, depending on the required information and provides automated reporting at every level
- It captures real-time performance and provides the client with details on up-to-date stock management of spare parts
- It has increased ownership and accountability
- The client has the ability to track parts through the supply chain