Meeting the modern standards of the multinational MedTech industry
This Irish MedTech company partners with international designers and manufacturers to deliver medical equipment and devices to the healthcare sector. They offer a range of high-quality equipment that enhance overall patient care.
Together, they undertake R&D in engineering, design and manufacturing of medical equipment and devices for patient care in hospitals and care facilities.
Going paperless to reduce human error & improve efficiency
The client had a complex ordering system involving orders from hospital customers, relayed to manufacturing partners, in-house teams and logistics.
With a largely paper-based ordering system, our client had a process that was not suitable for scaling. The medical technology firm needed to introduce a paperless order stock management system that would allow them to scale to meet future needs.
The existing system presented many challenges across their supply chain, including:
- A highly administrative process that was very dependent on paper and docket books
- A high number of steps including phone calls and excel sheets
- Poor visibility and was labour intensive
- Information was sometimes duplicated and misplaced, and all orders were received via head office
- The process was prone to human error, especially in equipment tracking and billing information
- The existing process was not scalable
Our own “WrxFlo revolution” has the potential and trajectory, to establish and maintain our place as a “leader” in our global group… A paperless, real-time reporting workplace is now a reality.
Our team has issued every part in stock for this week. Now, our team is working on next week's orders.... This is the power of technology.
Director of Engineering
We are very happy to pass our TQM audit. The auditor was very happy to see that we had such an impressive system in place. I would like to say thank you to the WrxFlo team for super support and helping us develop this impressive system.
Global Supply Chain
Data stored secured in the cloud, accessible anywhere it's needed
The client's ERP system did not offer the full data management needed, so WrxFlo defined a new cloud-based solution. This would reduce manual data input and improve process efficiency and traceability while allowing data to be accessed by partners offshore safely and securely.
WrxFlo implemented the following:
- A paperless solution
- A lean process
- All hospital orders are placed onto one system
- Real-time visibility on status of all orders
- Full audit track and trace throughout the process
- A native application to avoid a loss of data in remote locations
- Digital signatures on delivery
- No loss or duplication of serial numbers
An integrated data suite from drivers to managers
WrxFlo provided a robust lean process and solution, that will enable the client to expand globally to any location, future-proofing their business. The WrxFlo application increased the user experience for all employees and improved communications with partners.
Benefits to drivers
- Fully automated reporting
- One data source
- Increases capacity
- Accessibility in any location
- Increased visibility of stages in the process
- Provides accurate, up to date information
Benefit to hospitals
- A live view of products and where products are located
- A live update on all orders placed on the system
- Less escalations due to availability of live accurate order status
- The ability to raise queries via the application
- Information on billing