Our client is a global manufacturing client with a manufacturing facilities based in Ireland, the United States, China, France, Germany, the United Kingdom, Austria, Ireland, India, and Spain. The client produces Industrial Lubrication products for the global Market.
The management team were looking for new levels of process efficiency across the company. The company relied heavily on paper daily. They had a 25-year-old ERP system in the business which they wanted to replace, and they were experiencing process challenges including:
- Limited management and KPI reports
- Poor visibility on how process was preforming real-time
- Poor visibility on material availability for shop orders
- Tools and gauges often missing and difficult to find to start jobs
- Parts often missing to complete orders
- Meeting shipment dates was a challenges
- Escalations across functions was a daily occurrence
- Difficult to increase factory capacity
There were two solutions added to the business to fix this challenge which are part of the Digital Paperless Manufacturing system.
- WrxFlo Operator Screen
- Business Intelligence reporting
The WrxFlo Operator Screen is a cloud-based solution that meets the modern challenges faced by manufacturers across the globe. The solution works to eliminate a manufacturing paper-based process which drives inefficiencies and utilisation issues.
How it works:
The operator screen solution is connected into the businesses main data sources - Business Management Systems (ERP, MES, CRM etc). This helps eliminate the paper-based process steps. This system then, brings together, everything an operator needs for the job. The data now sits within the system and is on a screen in front of the operator which they can use at the touch of a button.
The Operator Screen is housed in each workstation in manufacturing, so now, the operator uses it as their digital instruction. The system contains a list of the tools required for the job, the design spec, the materials required, the output required for each operator, therefore making the process more efficient, measurable, and actionable
Business Intelligence reporting - On top of this solution, the business decided to add on the business intelligence reporting, which allowed them to access a stream of reporting so they could view their operations in real-time and allowed them effectively to run a paperless manufacturing process.
How it works:
Each operator screen is connected, which therefore means the data is aggregated digitally for management to review in real time.
All the information is then captured on a management Dashboard so the overall productivity, utilisation, and equipment effectiveness can be seen easily in real-time.
Our own “WrxFlo revolution” has the potential and trajectory, to establish and maintain our place as a “leader” in our global group… A paperless, real-time reporting workplace is now a reality.
Our team has issued every part in stock for this week. Now, our team is working on next week's orders.... This is the power of technology.
Director of Engineering
We are very happy to pass our TQM audit. The auditor was very happy to see that we had such an impressive system in place. I would like to say thank you to the WrxFlo team for super support and helping us develop this impressive system.
Global Supply Chain
The Manufacturing client now has an entire suite of data and metrics
- The Operator now has all the data is in one place, so the operator does not have to go looking for anything to put the job together - Visibility on tools, gauges, drawings, material status are all on the system.
- The Supervisor now can now, manage shop floor orders, manage work orders through production floor, Visibility of downtime and issues, Optimise shop floor with machine learning insights.
- Management has now visibility of the entire factory, inventory, customer experience etc.
- 80% reduction in customer overdue orders.